Monday, March 3, 2008

V-day




As some of you may or may not know, Valentines Day is the one day of the year that Robert and I buy a gift for each other. This is a tradition we started when we got married. Why did we pick Valentines Day? I'm not sure. It would make more since if we only bought presents on our anniversary but it's always just been V-day. It doesn't matter how much we spend, it's the thought that we put into the gift. It's kind of our way of saying to each other "Hey, I have been paying attention to you and I know what special gift will make you smile." Some past gifts that I have received are an hour massage, jewelry, cd's and I have given Jazz tickets, a flash drive, and a new razor. I think one of my favorite V-day's was when neither one of us could think of anything and we ended up giving each other a card. I made mine and listed "98 things I love about you" and Robert wrote me a nice message about how much he loves me and gave me some chocolate. Well, here is what we gave each other this year. (I know V-day was a while ago, but I've been busy). Robert loves his helicopter and I'm afriad I may have started him on an expensive hobby. I have been wanting my own MP3 player for awhile now. I have just been sharing Robert's but he's got alot of music on his that I don't care for and of course, his doesn't have some of the music that I like. Problem solved!



3 comments:

Gifford Family said...

What a fun tradition! I am glad that you had such a wonderful V-day!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Girl, you DID start him on an expensive hobby! Andrew and I will have to come up and they can fly their helicopters together! Andrew is constantly looking in hobby shops and how he wants to by RC cars that run on gas! I didn't even know they made such a thing! And they run about $600! I told him when we win the lottery he can buy anything he wants! Lol!

Erin said...

Boys and their expensive toys! I'm glad he likes his helicopter. Maybe next year you can do the other thing we talked about so you can be together! (P.S. Christian's phone interview with USU today went very well. We'll hear in the next couple of weeks if he will be coming out to interview in person.)