Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tis' the season-Our trip to Missouri

This year we went to Missouri for Christmas. Robert took his two week vacation so we were able to spend a good 10 days in Missouri. We spent Christmas Eve with my grandparents, parents, and my brother and his family. Christmas day was a quieter day spent with just my parents opening presents. Micah and Ellie had fun playing with there cousins. They got spoiled rotten with all the Christmas presents. Since we were going to Missouri, we opened presents with our kids and Roberts parents before we left. All and all Micah and Ellie got to open Christmas presents on 4 different days. While in Missouri my parents were kind enough to take care of our kids and let Robert and I go out on a couple of dates. (Thanks Mom and Dad!!) It was so nice. Free babysitting makes dating affordable! I forgot what it was like to spend time with my husband, just the two of us. He's kind of fun to hang out with. Here are some pictures from our trip.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. So sad we didn't get to see you!! And aren't kids always spoiled rotten? I swear, we don't even have to purchase them presents ourselves because of all of the stuff they get from grandparents!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Girl, ANYTIME you and Robert need a break, let Andrew and I know and we'll come up to babysit for FREE! :) I'm serious! I'm so glad you got to see your family! How fun!!!