Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time for a 'guy' blog

Hi everyone, this is Robert. I think it's my turn for a 'guy' subject entry to the blog. Heather does a really good job with our blog, putting up pictures and assorted happenings with our family. But I know that there are guys from our family and friend's list that look at our blog too. So I'm going to try and put my 2 cents in every once in a while. Hope you don't mind...

The photo to the right is our 'commuter' car. It is a 1994 Saturn SL1. Actually this was Heather's car when we first met, so since it was paid for it has just sort of followed us around for the last 9 years. I have to force myself not to complain about this car. (As a guy, I want 300HP+, a manual transmission, and 18 inch forged aluminum wheels, etc) This car has 80HP, a slushbox transmission, and 14 inch steel wheels with stock hub caps. If you need to pass someone on a two lane road, you need to plan 15 minutes in advance. Oh, wait I wasn't going to complain was I...


So, the good part about the car is it gets 35mpg consistently, has very seldomly stranded us, and as a recent miracle, passed 200,000 miles.



Since we really can't afford a new 300HP 'commuter' car, I just decided to give the car a gift for turning the big 200K...
...a Sirius radio to keep me company during the commute. Logan has no decent rock/alternative stations since they stopped broadcasting 94.9 The Blaze up here. Now I can finally listen to all of my Hair bands from the 90's. I love channel 20 'Octane' and 23 'Hair Nation' and no commercials on the new radio. Anyway...



So, other blog moms, have your husbands' chime in every once in a while. I would love to read about anything guy related.






3 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Robert you have inspired me to start a "Man Moment" segment on my blog- I will give Andrew free reign to blog about whatever he wants (which will mainly be about cars and hunting) so you can have a little enjoyment and not just read about cupcakes and the latest styles! haha! We need to come up and hagn out with you guys one of these days!

Gifford Family said...

I love it! David always looks at everybodies blogs but never responds. I will need to encourage him to join the husband blogging!

Erin said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. I can imagine you singing along with your music on Sirius (although, you would actually sound good!) The day I get Christian to post something on the blog is the day the world falls apart. But I won't stop trying to get him to anyway! (He enjoys reading, he just doesn't like writing)