Friday, February 1, 2008

No more diapers during the day!!!!!!

Many of you have been wondering how the potty training has been going. I'm happy to say that it is complete!!!! Ellie was SO much easier than Micah. After a little push at the beginning, she took off an ran. She had ONE accident about two weeks ago. The other morning(around 6:00am) she actually woke me up and told me she needed to go pee-pee. So here is how we did it----every time she pee'd she got 3 peanut M&M's, everytime she pooped she got 5 M&M's, we also put a sticker on a potty training chart everytime she used the potty and she also got a sticker. I promised her that if she would use the potty at least twice a day, at the end of the week I would give her a new doll. I bought a Cabbage Patch doll back before Christmas on Amazon for $5.00. We put the doll on top of the tv to remind her of her goal. All I have to say is bribery works (or maybe it's just because she's a girl and girls are known to be easier to potty train).

2 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Congratulations! That is always a big step. I found just the opposite (girls v.s. boys), Austin was so much easier than Erin! Austin never had an accident and caught on in just a day or two, where as Erin had several accidents. We have just started with Ivy this weekend! Hopefully she is as easy as Austin was.

Erin said...

I love the Dora stickers. Maybe I should use Thomas stickers for Aidan. Although, we have Thomas underwear and they don't motivate him enough to want to wear them. Good for Ellie!